West Africa (Ghana, the Gambia, Mali and Mauritania)
- One Hen: How One Small Loan Made a Big Difference (Ghana) by Milway
- One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of the Gambia by Paul
- Yatandou (Mali) by Whelan
- Deep in the Sahara (Mauritania) by Kelly Cunnane
- Library book about deserts and desert animals
Inspired by Isatou Ceesay and the women from “One Plastic Bag,” built something useful from our recycling: a picnic basket. Then packed up the basket and took it on a picnic. Inspired by “One Hen,” pooled allowance money and bought a gift for a family in need from Heifer International: a flock of chicks. Wrote fact sheet on the sand cat’s adaptations for desert living. Drew sand cats and their kittens. Visited the NC Zoo's desert dome to visit the sand cat and other desert dwellers.
More Around the World Book Lists
East Africa (Part I)
East Africa (Part II) and Central Africa
North Africa (Egypt)
This is NOT a sponsored post; there are NO affiliate links.